March 1st Announcements:
· Thomas Mass – Thomas Mass has been rescheduled for March 8th.
· Reminder – “Estimate of Giving” cards are due Sunday, March 1st.
· Cracked Pots for Camp Breakfast – March 1st Fellowship Breakfast. Serving: Egg bakes, baked oatmeal, breakfast pizza, French toast, potatoes, fruits, and much more!
Free will offerings accepted to help pay for campership to RTLC Summer, 2020.
Door prizes to be given!!
· Make-Up Communion Class – Tuesday, March 3rd, from 4:45-5:30.
· Sunday March 1st, 2:00pm, Christ Episcopal Church, 802 Harrison Ave., Canon City. For the first time in history The Colorado Springs Chapter of the American Music Society will present a concert in Canon City as part of the Recital Series at Christ Episcopal Church. The organization has presented quality classical music concerts in Colorado Springs for over 100 years. The AMS members that are performing are some of Colorado's most accomplished musicians. William Malone (saxophone) is the Chairman of the Music Department at Pikes Peak Community College. Abe Minzer (piano) is a member of the music faculty at both Pikes Peak Community College and UCCS. Jay Norman has been principal Clarinet for the Chamber Orchestra of the Springs and the Pueblo Symphony, and Joe Maloy is president of AMS.
The program will include music of Alfred Desenclos, Alexander Glazunov, Gerald Finzi, Marilyn Shrude and Ofer Ben-Amots.
There will be a "meet and greet" reception immediately following the performance in the church hall, offering an opportunity to visit with the performers.
Tickets Adults $10.00 Students Free
For more information - 719-429-7551
· Text Study – Text Study Every Monday at 10:00 am in the Library. This is to dive into the readings for the coming Sunday.
- New Adult Spiritual/Faith Formation Opportunity – Prayerful Journey through John the first and third Mondays at 7 pm. Next meeting is March 2nd. This will be a time to linger with the text in meditation and prayer and to support one another in our faith journey.
- Mid-Week Soup & Sandwich Supper – Each Wednesday begins at 5:30 PM. Service begins at 6:30 PM. NOTE: Starting 30 minutes early this year.
- Join us for the Lenten monologue series:
The Power of His Last Words...
3/04 –Zacchaeus “Forgiven” – Rick Romano
3/11 – Martha “Forsaken” – Dena Richter
3/18 – Samaritan Woman “I Thirst” – Becky Romano
3/25 – Nicodemus “Into Your Hands” – Eric Hjelmstad
4/01 – Mary “It is Finished” – Katie Romano
- Dunking Donut Basketball Tournament 2020 – March 11th, 6:00-8:00 pm. Mountain View Core knowledge Elementary School. $5 suggested donation at the door. Cheerleader halftime show. All proceeds will benefit Starpoint.
- Pasta With A Purpose – A Benefit Dinner for Mercy Today Ministries. Saturday, March 14, 6:00-8:00 pm, at 1336 Elm Avenue (Old Belvedere Restaurant). Spaghetti with sausage, Merlinos’ Famous House Salad, Garlic Bread, Dessert, Coffee or Tea. Advance Ticket Adults: $12, Kids under 13: $8. Tickets at the Door – Adults $15, Kids $10.
!!!Browse our Silent Auction!!!
Call Mercy Today Ministries at 719-276-9242 for ticket sales.
- Ministry Opportunity – After many years of faithful service, Betty Cress is retiring as Funeral Coordinator. She has a very organized system as well as a full list of volunteers, so it will be a smooth transition for the next Coordinator. If you are interested, please see Betty or Pastor Chris. NOTE: The Coordinator does not need to be present for funerals. Thank you for considering this ministry of hospitality!
- Laundry Love – Laundry Love is the 4th Tuesday of the month from 12:30-4:00 p.m. at Courtesy Coin Laundry (1507 Elm Ave). Christ Episcopal is in need of 2-3 SOTH volunteers per month. A sign-up sheet is in the Narthex for the year.
- Laundry Love Donations Needed: Please consider donating personal hygiene products for Laundry Love. A laundry basket is on the Mission Table is for donations. Suggested items: Small bottles or travel sized shampoo, conditioner, hand or body lotion
Toothpaste/toothbrushes, toothbrush holders, floss, Small First Aid Kits
Deodorant, lip balm, sunscreen
Travel size packages of Q-Tips
- Wanted: Sunday School Teachers - Please sign up at the Education Table (in Narthex, under fake window). Your help is needed so our children can learn about our Lord’s love. Thank you.
- Part Time Caregiver Needed: If you would be interested in a paid position as a caregiver, please contact Pastor Chris. This would be a few days a week. Companionship, light housekeeping, and meal preparation. Female is preferred.
- 26th Gallery of Living Art – A unique and powerful presentation of Christ’s life, passion, and resurrection told through 14 staged life-size works of art, with music and scripture.
Where: First Lutheran Church, 1515 N Cascade Ave., Colorado Springs (719-632-8836)
When: Friday, March 13th, 7:30 P.M.
Saturday, March 14th, 2 and 5 P.M.
Sunday, March 15th, 3 P.M.
Free admission, and Free child care provided.
Also – On Saturday, March 14 at 11 A.M., the Junior Gola designed especially for families, with a shorter presentation and a backstage tour!
Stewardship Snippet: March 1, 2020 (First Sunday in Lent)
Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’"
Even after 40 days of fasting in the wilderness, Jesus is able to resist Satan’s wiles by keeping a laser-sharp focus on what truly matters. Likewise, by stewarding our souls with intention, we connect deeply with God in ways that strengthen and equip us to follow Jesus.
Please Notice: Shepherd of the Hills has temporarily suspended all activities until April 1